Maryland Development Center
Engineering Medical Systems
The Maryland Development Center (MDC) was founded in 2015 by five physicians at the University of Maryland Medical School and two entrepreneurs. MDC is a Maryland Limited Liability Company to commercialize technology from the University of Maryland. MDC licenses intellectual property from the University and works with the inventors to develop prototypes and viable products supported by startup companies.
Our initial focus is on medical devices, especially those with a short path to regulatory approval and a short time to market. We are currently working with the following technologies:
- Systems to monitor and improve sleep health (more)
- Digital information technology for vaccine compliance and use (more)
- Thermal imager for laparoscopic surgery (more)
- EO2 - device for emergency resuscitation (more)
- SONOSA - ultrasound imaging for detection and characterization of obstructive sleep apnea (more)
- FA2 - device for the placement of arterial catheters
MDC is located in Baltimore, near the University of Maryland Medical Center, where our partners and clients practice, teach, and research state of the art medicine. Please contact us if you would like additional information on any of our projects, products, or companies.